Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Best Of The Year






See usually making lists of the year is difficult, but not this year. Everything was clearcut for me. Everyone who was dope was dope. And if it was whack, it got thrown away.

But this here, is the BEST OF THE YEAR List. This is compiling MY favorite things of 09.

Albums Of The Year

10.) ONLY BUILT FOR CUBAN LINX Pt. II. - Raekwon. This album was sick! I liked the overall vibe to it. It had the nuts to go up against BP3 and it gave a few good punches. Raekwon definitely knows what to do when he gets in the studio

9.) 'TIL THE CASKET DROPS - Clipse. This is one of the albums I was looking foward to ALL YEAR and it didn't disappoint me. Every song was dope. I liked "Kinda Like A Big Deal" ft. KanYe West because everyone on the track killed it. And "Popular Demand (Popeyes)" was amazing. The whole vibe to the track was dope.

8.) LOVE VS. MONEY - The-Dream. This album was great. He really did he thing. The songs were relatable and they were very good. The production was awesome. I can't pinpoint my favorite song because I listen to them all equally because they are ILL.

7.) LOSO'S WAY - Fabolous. This is probably the best album Fabolous has ever dropped. Every song was amazing. The production was great and the lyrics were out of this world. "When The Money Goes" was dope. Like I couldn't believe how great the album was when I first heard it.

6.) TRANSITION - Ryan Leslie. It's Ryan Leslie.. He's a genius. Come on..

5.) ATTENTION DEFICIT - Wale.  I expected this album to be great. After hearing all the songs that DIDN'T make it to the album. Mr. Folarin didn't disappoint. I LOVED IT.

4.) READY - Trey Songz. This is his greatest work.. Every song was amazing. I've listening to it many times and they are great songs to play. He has a great voice man...

3.) MAN ON THE MOON: The End of Day - Kid Cudi. This is like my soundtrack I could relate to what he was saying and every track was great. But "Hyyerr" ft. Chip Tha Ripper is amazing..

2.) SO FAR GONE - Drake. Technically this is an album since he released it in stores. =P

1.) THE BLUEPRINT 3 - Jay-Z. Do I really need to say anything about this album?


2 comments:

Natalie said...

I saw Raekwon and the Clipse and started to co-sign then I saw Loso's Way...

lol but to be honest I haven't listened to all these albums, so I can't say much...

and yes Ryan Leslie is a genius.

PS They are all on my list though, honestly!

Marcus "MdB" Browder said...

You should listen to them all. They are amazing.

And Ryan Leslie is a genius from his singing to the production of his records..